The developer of the custom firmware Sonoff-Tasmota (the popular custom firmware for devices based on ESP8266 SOC chips including those of the family ITEAD Sonoff Smart Home as well as many others) released the new version of his work, which now leads to the version 7, Code-named "Betty". In reality it is the 7.1 release, as the 7.0 had already been released but only as a development branch.
This new version embodies a whole series of improvements, including many of those collected from the previous 6.x.
It is a release quite important both for the large number of corrections brought to the code but also for some interesting news:
- Added support for Tuya battery-powered devices (#6735);
- Added support for environmental sensors for Honeywell I2C HIH (#6808);
- Added support for Honeywell environmental sensors HPMA115S0 (#6843);
- Added sensor support for lumiI2C TLS2591 (#6873);
- Command added SetOption73 0/1 to enable the HTTP CORS (now disabled by default) (#6767);
- Command added SetOption75 0/1 for the management of grouptopics (#6779);
- Command added WifiPower 0 .. 20.5 to adjust the antenna emission power Wi-Fi (Very useful!);
- Fixed some proproblems of instability Wi-Fi (#6961, #6608);
The complete list of (tens) variations is available here.
Finally, coinciding with this release, the Wiki Site dedicated to Sonoff-Tasmota.
The Update Searchnameis recommended; as always, we suggest the adoption of TasmoAdmin for prosee morenameof all propri Sonoff-Tasmota in one solution.
|Il firmware pre-compilato (compiled using 2.6.1 pre-core) is available qui.|
For those coming from versions prior to 7.x, there is a migration path which explains how prosee atupgrade (users who use 6.x can directly install the new version).
|ATTENZIONE: remember that there is on our FORUM community an ad hoc section dedicated to Sonoff (and more generally to devices ESP8266), for any doubt, question, information on the specific merit of these components.|