|Proconductor: Home Assistant Community|
Availability: included in thepersonale HUB Home Assistant
Type: components Home Assistant
Implementation difficulties: variable based on the chosen integration platform (s)
|Card revision: 1.2|
A well-made personal home automation he cannot disregard his ability to "communicate" proactively towards the occupants the environment in which the home automation itself has fallen. Alarms, reaching thermal thresholds, activating and deactivating systems: the number of scenarios for which one or more users can / should be notified of something is limited only by imagination.
For prosee notifications, Home Assistant has in itself a versatile component called "E-mail Notifications"Which allows, through a whole series of platforms connected to it, a wide choice of notification methods and techniques.
Among the platforms most used for notifications there are those dedicated to devices AppiOS and Android (through theapp mobile “Home Assistant Companion"), The more general ones they exploit Telegram, Google Hangouts, Pushbullet, sending email, Discord, Facebook, Twitter and so on and so forth.
It is certainly possible to use multiple notification platforms at the same time.
The complete list integration platforms linked to this component is available here (constantly updated).
The configuration of the component varies - as can be easily understood - from platform to platform.
As an example we report the block to be inserted on configuration.yaml related to the relative notifications platform Pushbullet:
notify: - platform: pushbullet name: NOME_NOTIFICA api_key: API_KEY_SERVIZIO
The use of this component introduces a single service called "notify"
|Service data attributes||Optional||Description|
|No.||text of the notification|
|Yup||title, if any, of the notification (if supported by the platform in use)|
|Yup||some platforms plan to specifically indicate one or more recipients, indicated by this attribute|
|Yup||some platforms allow you to attach other data structures (images, etc.), indicated by this attribute|
It is possible to configure notifications also using a template via “data_template". This allows you to exploit and add the states of the entity within the notifications themselves.
Some good example of implementation comes from the use of platforms such as:
- Mobile App (for notifications via theapp "Home Assistant Companion"For iOS and Android)
- Telegram (for notifications via theapp Telegram - for all platforms)
- PushBullet (for notifications via theapp Pushbullet - for all platforms)
- Amazon Alexa (for notifications Voice via Smart Speaker and / or via app mobile)
Projets and guides on inDomus
- Electrical absorption under control via home automation Home Assistant
- Traditional refrigerator under control via home automation Home Assistant
- Manage separate waste collection via home automation Home Assistant
- Mold and home automation: how to mitigate the proproblem through Home Assistant
- Climate-based (or other) visual notifications with Nanoleaf e Home Assistant
- Visual LED notification system based on NodeMCU, Tasmota and MQTT
- "Make people talk" Amazon Alexa as a home automation notification system on Home Assistant
- Additional notifications on Appthe HomeKit via pushed.co and Homebridge
- Home automation notifications Home Assistant means Pushbullet
- Home automation notifications Home Assistant via Telegram
- Exit and return home (or other places): notifications from home automation Home Assistant
|ATTENZIONE: remember that there is on our FORUM community an ad hoc section dedicated to Home Assistant, for any doubt, question, information on the specific merit of these components.|