Category: Home automation components
Type: Various kinds
Installation difficulties: Media
Ease of use: Alta
|Review review: 1.1|
FROM BULGARIA WITH LOVE
"Home Automation System " (certainly not the most imaginative name ever in domotics) is the Bulgarian component line Shelly, which - undeniably - is achieving great sales success in our country.
Shelly is de facto of a direct competitor of ITEAD and its well-known line prolearned "ITEAD Smart Home", proundisputed protagonist of many prodomotics jets: the components of his line "Home Automation System ”are mostly based on SOC ESP8266 similar to those of ITEAD (and many others proproducers), therefore they follow the philosophy of use and functionality.
The line products is expressed in this general list:
- Shelly 1 (single channel switch)
- Shelly 1 PM (single channel switch with absorption measurement)
- Shelly Dimmer (single channel switch with intensity adjustment)
- Shelly 2.5 (2-channel switch)
- Shelly 4 PRO (4-channel switch)
- Shelly EM con pinza amperometrica (absorption meter)
- Shelly Plug S (Smart plug)
- Shelly Bulb (Intelligent RGB-W bulb)
- Shelly Sense (infrared emitter and relative humidity sensor, temperature, luminosiness, movement)
- Shelly EYE 3 (Camera)
- Shelly RGBW2 LED Controller (controller for 12-24 volt RGBW LED)
- Shelly LED Controller 40w
- Shelly H&T (Sensorand for measuring relative humidity and temperature)
- Shelly Sensorand smoke and temperature detection
All the products use the traditional as a communication channel Wi-Fi through which, exploiting the profirstfinal management tool, or theapp "Shelly Cloud”(Available for iOS e Android), you can configure and control them.
These devices offer (to date) something extra compared to the aforementioned ITEAD: the whole line is designed to be controlled via the proman app (which also serves da HUB), but it is expressly prothrown to be "open" in terms of home automation integration.
In fact, Shelly offers, very intelligently, two avenues that can be pursued for those who, like us, want punctual and personal control of the domotic components.
- availability of HTTP API cloud, which allow you to control devices using the cloud proteacher without going throughapp (see official technical documentation);
- native availability of proProtocol MQTT: blessed choice of Shelly, which allows a standard and direct control of its components without the need for external connections, with all the advantages of the case, especially without the need to reproconfigure the firmware as in the case of ITEADs Sonoff.
In physical terms, the relays (Shelly1, Switch e 4 PRO) I am natively prothrown to be controlled also by deviators, which allows use in environments where multiple wall switches are used. The small dimensions of Shelly1 and Shelly relays Switch they are such as to allow mounting in 503 recessed boxes, the traditional ones for wall switches / plugs, to understand.
Cards dedicated to individuals products (in editing) will clarify these aspects in prodays.
In terms compatibility, the line "Home Automation Systems " it is discreet.
Basic components are all compatible with Google Home e Amazon Alexa. No compatibility (for the moment) with Appthe HomeKits, therefore indirectly even with Siri.
As explained, the line is configured and controlled byapp "Shelly Cloud”(Available for iOS e Android), which acts as a mini HUB also allows you to define automation scenarios among the various components (of the same line) present in the environment.
Home Assistant, openHAB, Domoticz: whatever thepersonale HUB that you have implemented, these devices will be integrated with simplicity and great effectiveness. The same speech is valid for those who use Homebridge to get full compatibility towards Appthe HomeKits.
|The line proShelly scholars we love it for many reasons, and the big noise around this brand is highly motivated. inDomus will address the progo to the field of devices and report procastings, solutions, guides dedicated to them.|