- If they are made profirst the notions expressed in ours training course, it will be clear how the elements involved in a well-structured home automation are different and, it goes without saying, not everyone with the same role. We will therefore use the metaphor of the pyramid to understand where the various elements are positioned, with those who "speak" - downwards and upwards - and what the relations between them are.
Due to the large, recent success of final management tools How smartphone e smart speaker many, unaware of the real potential of home automation, instinctively depart to realize it by placing these elements as the basis on which to build the rest of the profirst home automation.
It is in fact the most common and widespread error: the final management tools (from here SGF) I'm at the top of a well structured personal domotics, not at the base.
Let's see why.
The pyramid - the correct one we advocated - it's the following:
At the base of personal domotics lie all those that are the physical and logical elements:
These elements are in fact the "atomic" elements that make up our home automation. Obviously, this group also includes non-physical elements, such as "virtual sensors" (with data) procoming from external sources, for example Internet services).
The first floor rappresists the relative layer to communication technology. It basically serves to make the second floor speak (personale HUB) with the base, in a two-way way.
Rappresists thepersonale HUB (chosen and implemented by the user) of the profirst home automation.
This element already in itself rappresists the home automation itself, as the only point of collector where they lie:
- all the domotic entities, rapprecognition of the elements placed on the base;
- all automations and control elements.
The first floor rappresists the relative layer to communication technology to and from the final management tools . It is usually the classic TCP/IP, via networks Wi-Fi, mobile networks, etc.
Here are the final management tools:
- web browser
- computer, tablet
- smart speaker
This positionnameIt suggests that these components can communicate via messages to and from the underlying plane, which in turn speaks with the plane below it and so on up to the base - and back.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like all solutions, this approccio presents advantages and disadvantages.
The advantage of a personale HUB placed in the middle of the pyramid lies in the fact all the underlying elements are in fact "abstract upwards", which means that in the eyes of the top such elements are simple elements endowed with proproperties, states and methods, regardless of their technology.
Let's consider having at home more "smart" lights:
- LEDs of the A brand operating with X technology;
- FIXED BULBS of the B brand operating with Y technology;
- ADJUSTABLE BULBS of the C brand operating with Z technology.
Not having implemented a HUB, proI should probably make sure of:
- Having a'app on the smartphone for each pair;
- that my smart speaker is compatible with them
Furthermore, each pairing would be detached from the others, without being able to be controlled in groups.
In the presence of a personale HUBinstead:
- on my smartphone I use only one app, the one that communicates with mine HUB;
- at it all the lights are simply "lights";
- the smart speaker communicates only with thepersonale HUB, therefore the degree of compatibility of these lights / technologies to it no longer interests me.
- the lights can be controlled in groups, even through automation.
Obviously these lights / technology must be integrated with theHUB, this is obvious.
Lo disadvantage of this approis that thepersonale HUB rappresists, always, a single-point-of-failure: in case of blocking of this element, all home automation would stop working in bulk.
Il proproblem however is relative, because:
- the personal HUBare really very, very robust;
- also in case of fault of theHUB, the above statements would remain true, therefore the elements could still be individually controlled with proprie app dedicated.
|ATTENZIONE: remember the existence of our community FORUM for any doubt, question, information on the specific merit of the contents of this page and much more.|