The arrival of summer brings with it a surprise: Raspberry Pi Foundation presents the new Raspberry Pi, now in version 4 B.
Announced on the 23 June 2019 evening, Raspberry Pi 4 is a further revision of the previous models.
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- Processor 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 (3 times faster than the previous one);
- 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM memory;
- Gigabit Ethernet full band;
- Support for Wi-Fi Dual-band 802.11ac;
- Bluetooth 5.0;
- Two doors USB 3.0 and two 2.0 USB ports;
- Support for dual monitors at a resolution up to 4K;
- VideoCore VI graphics, support for OpenGL ES 3.x;
- video hardware decoding HVEC 4Kp60;
- full compatibility with valid software on previous models of Raspberry Pi.
Curious compared to benchmarks? Find them here.
The models will be three differentiated by the amount of memory, 1, 2, 4 Gb, which will be placed on price ranges, respectively, of $ 35, $ 45 and $ 55. To see what the conversions in euros will be.
Change the power connectorand, which switches from microUSB to USB-C, which guarantees support for the 1,2As needed for full power of the unit. Obviously it will be possible to use a converter to continue using the previous power supplies.
As explained, also the HDMI ports (full support up to 4k) of type D (micro) will be two:
While the USB ports will present (two out of four) full support for USB 3.0.
So it's up to us to expect a change in the price of the previous models (especially the 3B +, the last one before this 4 B); the new model is already available at Raspberry Pi Foundation as well as, soon, in the major online stores.
UPDATE: Raspberry Pi Model 4B is now available on Amazon.